I get really frustrated whenever I die in games

Stress and frustration
  • So I was playing team fortress 2 yesterday and I played as spy. It was going great until one of the enemy players went pyro and kept spy checking everything. It ruined my performance and it made me really frustrated to see him just W+M1 everywhere.

Does anyone know how I can stop getting frustrated over this?

• It's normal to get frustrated when you don't win, or in this case, when you die. I've played that game so I know exactly what you're talking about.

When that happened to me, I would take my eyes off the screen and take a few deep breaths before starting over.

• Thanks, I'll try that the next time I get frustrated. 🙂

• [quote='Emotion' pid='3' dateline='1349642401']
    So I was playing team fortress 2 yesterday and I played as spy. It was going great until one of the enemy players went pyro and kept spy checking everything. It ruined my performance and it made me really frustrated to see him just W+M1 everywhere.

Does anyone know how I can stop getting frustrated over this?
    [/quote]

Well, I really don't know if you still have this problem (I hope not), but anyway, don't stress about it. It's just a simple video game 🙂 perhaps, you could try different activities??? try reading a book and etc. 😉

• I don't have this problem anymore thankfully. I've learned to control my frustration by asking myself some questions:

"Why do I feel this way?"

"Will getting emotional about it help me or hurt me?"

Getting frustrated over a meaningless event will only hurt me by causing my body to release stress hormones. I won't benefit in anyway by stressing myself out.

I find this very helpful, what do you think about it?

• [quote='Emotion' pid='45' dateline='1364696128']
    I don't have this problem anymore thankfully. I've learned to control my frustration by asking myself some questions:

"Why do I feel this way?"

"Will getting emotional about it help me or hurt me?"

Getting frustrated over a meaningless event will only hurt me by causing my body to release stress hormones. I won't benefit in anyway by stressing myself out.

I find this very helpful, what do you think about it?
    [/quote]

I'm glad to hear you're not having this problem anymore. I think it was a very rational way to deal with these thoughts and emotions...

Rationality might help us to feel better when there's not any reason to feel down. At least, it's what I've concluded.