Detachment

Other
  • I have had this some sort of detachment feeling towards people that I've met ever since I graduated from secondary school. For example, I may look like I am friends with them but in reality I do not count them as my friend, they are basically, just there. The number of people that I feel close, comfortable  secure and loved is less than 10 but I do not have this emotion towards my own mother.
    Most people I've met throughout the years all share the same qualities, they look at things on the surface. I know I am not that good looking but I also know I am fun and most of the time I feel like I'm being ignored. Whether I'm buying something or trying to strike up a conversation in a new environment. Although people think their body language may be subtle to others but it affects me a lot. That same group of people that ultimately want to be friends with me, only after seeing me with people I am comfortable with but by then I would have close myself off them. These went on for years and finally I've generalized Human beings to be a hypocritical monsters that look at things on the surface and thus, makes it really hard for me to trust others, let alone be friends with them. I was fat back then (still fat now) but I've lost a lot of weight and do look different from back then but I still could not shake this emotion away. 
    I've tried suicide before but non was successful. And ultimately I gave up on that too. 
    I'm really curious as to how I am able to rectify this and to open myself to others again. I've been bottling up my feeling for years and this is also the first time I am writing my thoughts down. I guess I'm getting tired of crying myself to sleep every night.

• Difficult person to live with?

Other
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    4k Views
    No one has replied
  • 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    7k Views
    No one has replied
  • Emotionless obsession?

Other
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    5k Views

That's definitely a good idea, it seems like you don't really know why it's happening. A good psychologist should be able to get to the bottom of it. I hope it's free where you live as there are many bad psychologists that have no idea what they're talking about. I hope you don't have to deal with one. But, you could maybe check to see if they're any good by googling their names and reading the reviews, if there are any.

• Question regarding emotional strenght

Other
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    4k Views
  • Quick question

Other
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    3k Views

I used to have a problem with my emotions controlling me, but now I mostly always in control of them. I think it's when I started to become more cognizant of them that I was able to control them. That's not to say that I can instantly make myself happy or joyful, but when I notice that I'm feeling a negative emotion I can tone it down quite a bit and sometimes make it disappear completely.

• Lack of appetite

Other
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views

[quote='Emotion' pid='486' dateline='1409557495']
    I'm not sure where else to post this, but my appetite is definitely lacking. I can feel hungry, but I can't feel the urge to eat or anticipation of eating. My body is fine, it can tell my brain I'm hungry, but my brain doesn't care and doesn't give me the feeling or desire to eat. Eating becomes a chore and depresses me. The only thing that seems to help is intense exercise, but its effect is temporary, less than an hour, it just seems to make me want to eat food rather than desire it if that makes sense.
    [/quote]

The lack of appetite definitely comes from the fact that you're depressed, emotion. If you're not hungry, you shouldn't eat or, insted of that, try to eat something like a fruit, a smoothie or something healthy.
    Intense exercise makes you feel better because it releases a lot of chemicals in your brain.

Neverthless, if you become underweight, you should see a doctor.

• 0 Votes
    8 Posts
    16k Views

Well, it's a good thing that you've stopped. Besides, 40 cigarettes was too much! 😮 
    But you're right. It's much better to quit progressively until you don't need it anymore. If you go cold turkey, that'll cause more harm than good.

I did the same with FB. It creates a lot of stress and anxiety. Moreover, if you're not a social person, what's the point of it???

• 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    3k Views
    No one has replied