Yoga for the stress and depression control

Stress and frustration
  • I do exercises specially yoga exercise to relieve the stress and depression in my day to day life, and it help me a lot to control the stress, and depression. Yoga is an ideal exercise to get rid of stress, depression, and anxiety. It is mostly recommended by the health experts to control the stress, depression, and anxiety.

• Hey, it is really good that you do exercises regularly to stay fit and healthy. Yoga is really beneficial in stress and depression. I am also suffering from depression and lately I have been taking acupuncture therapy from a reputed [url=http://www.acupuncture-mississauga.ca/our-office/port-credit-mississauga-near-lorne-park-clarkson-mineola.html]Mississauga acupuncturist[/url] and seeing really good results.

• What are the benefits you're experiencing, Dion9?

• Yes it is definetely true, i like doing yoga becouse it really calms me down. And in general in order to cope with anxiety and depression- it may be strange but- we have to have a healthy lifestyle . for example bad sleep has harmful effects. This not only affects our physical health, lack of sleep can contribute to anxiety and stress. Sometimes there is a vicious circle, as anxiety often leads to sleep disturbance. When you are anxious, try to sleep from seven to nine hours a day and see how a few of these nights will affect your level of anxiety.

We also must eat properly. Anxiety affects the body: your appetite may be changed or there will be a need for certain foods. To provide the necessary support to the body, try to eat more foods that contain substances such as B vitamins and omega-3 fatty acids, as well as useful complex carbohydrates from whole grains. Studies have linked the presence of B vitamins in the diet of people with a good mental health, and omega-3 fatty acids help reduce the symptoms of depression and anxiety. Complex carbohydrates help regulate the levels of serotonin, “feel-good hormones” that helps us to remain calm. Although we love to suggest otherwise, but studies show that eating sweets and processed foods (with simple carbohydrates) can increase the symptoms of [url=http://undepress.net/anxiety-issues-tips-to-get-rid-of-anxiety/]anxiety[/url].

• What type of yoga works best for lowering stress and depression btw?

• Hey Alfred, welcome to the forums. 🙂

Probably kundalini yoga.

• 0 Votes
    5 Posts
    37k Views

I don't know. Perhaps you're right. I sincerely don't understand other individuals and their issues...heh.

• 0 Votes
    7 Posts
    6k Views

[quote='Robust' pid='390' dateline='1402380755']
    Try to be happy. Participate in some sports and fun activities to improve your mood.
    Exercises specially yoga and meditation can be the best techniques to deal with the stress, depression, and all other mental illnesses.
    [/quote]

I've been meaning to get into meditation, but I have no idea how. What exactly is meditation and how does one do it?

What kind of benefits have you noticed from meditation, aside from stress-reduction?

• 0 Votes
    6 Posts
    6k Views

[quote='Emotion' pid='45' dateline='1364696128']
    I don't have this problem anymore thankfully. I've learned to control my frustration by asking myself some questions:

"Why do I feel this way?"

"Will getting emotional about it help me or hurt me?"

Getting frustrated over a meaningless event will only hurt me by causing my body to release stress hormones. I won't benefit in anyway by stressing myself out.

I find this very helpful, what do you think about it?
    [/quote]

I'm glad to hear you're not having this problem anymore. I think it was a very rational way to deal with these thoughts and emotions...

Rationality might help us to feel better when there's not any reason to feel down. At least, it's what I've concluded.